Ulrich, R.S., 1979, Visual landscapes and psychological well-being, in: Landscape Research, 4, 1
- Author : Ulrich, R.S.
- Year : 1979
- Journal/Series : Landscape Research
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 1
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 4
- Pages : 17-23
- Abstract in English : As result of a slide presentation stressed individuals feel significantly better after exposure to nature scenes rather than American urban scenes lacking nature elements. The results are suggesting that outdoor visual environments may influence individuals’ psychological well-being The findings might be important for environmental planning and design.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: environmental psychology, arousal, benefits of nature, health, planting design, psychological benefits, societal significance, well-being. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.