- Address : Wesertor
- Region : North Hesse
- GPS X : 9.510147571563720000
- GPS Y : 51.322942019075510000
- Project start : 2005
- Implementation end : 2007
- Website : http://www.foundation-kassel.de/foundation/projekte-2-8.html
- Project Status : Completed Project
- Client : Stadt Kassel
- Ownership : Public
- Accessibility : Unrestricted areas
- Project Team : Achterberg Herz Rohler
- Brief Description : 'Wesertorplatz', which is located nearby the tram stop 'Weserspitze', is the main entrance of the 'Wesertor' quarter.
Eight large plane trees, whose crowns are illuminated at night, dominate this urban space. Tree pits in the shape of stressed triangles improve the location of the trees and make up the formal basis of the new square, together with a cubic mirror from clinker paving stones.
On the edge of the square center, three spacious benches offer rest opportunities in the shade. "Blades of Grass" provide for a "Five minute game" on the way to the tram stop. A sculpture from red sandstone marks the entrance.
A drinking foundation prototype was developed together with the office "Kontakt-Kunst". It has been employed here on spot for the very first time.
- Designer : foundation 5+ landschaftsarchitekten, Kassel
- Image Title : Wesertorplatz Kassel