- Region : Serbia
- Area : 60.5
- GPS X : 20.450491905212402000
- GPS Y : 44.823992974780230000
- Project Status : Completed Project
- Ownership : Public
- Accessibility : Unrestricted areas
- Brief Description : Kalemegdan park is part of Belgrade Fortress, standing on the hill overlooking confluence Sava and Danube rivers. Fortress was gradually built from I to the XVIII century as a fortified defense complex, and park was made in XIX century, like mixture of classic and landscape style. The project was made by Emilijan Josimović, the first Belgrade urban planner. The greenery was planted between 1873 and 1875. With the area of 60, 5 ha it is the biggest park in Belgrade, which is protect like cultural heritage of great importance.
It is also significant cultural complex, with many monuments, art pavilion, Military museum, ZOO, the Belgrade Cultural Monuments Protection Institute etc.
Kalemegdan park, with its location, content, historical values and greenery, represent the unique entity and symbol of the city.
- Project Name : Original : Kalemegdan park
- Type : Castle gardens, Parks, Zoological gardens
- Image Title : Kalemegdan